Sunday 8 June 2008

....I know how it feels and I'm here to help!

It's a sentence uttered in every school, across the country, virtually every day. As a class teacher myself, I am forever facing the delicate balancing act of managing my professional life and personal life - sometimes doing both well, sometimes descending into complete chaos!

However, as I have gained more experience as a professional, I have found more and more effective means of making my professional life easier and more efficient; resulting in a happy and content personal life.

So, I thought why not share it with others - especially as I watch those professionals with less experience making the same mistakes as I did. It's time to break the cycle, stop reinventing the wheel and SHARE!

This blog will be a space in which I can share advise based on my professional experiences - and hopefully learn more from the other outstanding professionals that can be found across the country.

The_Educator

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm hoping to start training to become a teacher in September and worry that I will quickly lose control of my life, especially in the first year. Can you assure me it improves or advise me of common pitfalls. I don't want to take any shortcuts but I know that I like to keep my thumb firmly on the button of work - often to the detriment of everything else.
Also, I'm running a website for children aged 7-11. Would you mind casting your experienced eye over it and advise me of any huge errors I'm making? Generally I include at least five KS2 items but relax a bit in the summer!
It's at http://www.everwonder.co.uk/
Would REALLY appreciate your advice.

Miss Phitt said...

This work/life balance - when are us teachers gonna have a breakthrough and find a solution? I hope I can help a little on my blogspot. People say the Sunday Blues post helps...god it helped me!
http://teachingisitmeorisitthejob.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great. I'm glad to see another blog for teachers taking this kind of angle. I'm a High School teacher and there's even less in the blogasphere on HS level stuff. I guess teachers are too busy to blogsurf. Still, I guess we have to start somewhere.